Camping is an activity that can be lots of fun, provided that you're prepared with the right equipment—unfortunately, this can get pretty expensive, but GearCommons' camping gear rentals saves you from having to purchase all your own gear. GearCommons works as a network where you can connect with other travelers, campers and hikers nearby to either rent out your own goods, or borrow from what somebody else has.
The concept for GearCommons was developed by James Rogers and Mike Brown when they were participating in a showshoe race and some of their friends who wanted to join in lacked the appropriate gear. Brown describes that "[People] are starting to value access over ownership. It has obvious positive impacts on the environment, because we’re consuming less, and it also positively impacts your wallet by only paying for gear when you need it as opposed to spending thousands up front to own it."
GearCommons is a Network Where You Can Rent Outdoor Equipment as Needed
1. Shared Economy - The GearCommons platform taps into the growing trend of sharing economy, allowing users to rent outdoor equipment as needed.
2. Access Economy - GearCommons aligns with the access economy trend where people prefer access to goods and services rather than ownership, providing an opportunity for disruptive innovation in the outdoor gear rental sector.
3. Collaborative Consumption - GearCommons promotes collaborative consumption as users can connect with others to borrow or rent camping gear, opening up potential for disruptive innovation in the sharing of resources.
1. Outdoor Gear Rental - GearCommons' camping gear rentals disrupt the traditional outdoor gear rental industry by creating a peer-to-peer network for sharing equipment.
2. Travel and Tourism - The travel and tourism industry can benefit from GearCommons' platform as it allows travelers to easily rent outdoor equipment, providing a disruptive solution for those who want to explore the outdoors without the burden of owning gear.
3. Environmental Conservation - GearCommons contributes to the trend of environmental conservation by reducing the need for excessive production and consumption of outdoor gear, offering an innovative solution for sustainable outdoor experiences.