The wires that are attached to earbuds might be annoying, but they serve to make the little electronic accessories easy to locate and harder to lose. The C8ble concept helps people learn to live with the constantly entangling items as a convenient product around which you can coil them.
Patric Günther modeled this small object on the lemniscate, or a twisted figure eight. It has two loops, a hole and a couple of notches that make it easy to wrap your headphone cables around it and to fasten them in place. The open form of the C8ble encourages you to use the product in a number of different ways, constantly threading the cords through or winding them tightly in order to avoid accidental knots and kinks.
The C8ble Helps to Control Cord Clutter for Improved Portability
1. Coil Management - Disruptive innovation opportunities can be found in developing new products or technologies that improve the management and organization of coiled cords.
2. Cord-clutter Solutions - Opportunities for disruptive innovation exist in creating products that help alleviate the problem of cord clutter and enhance portability.
3. Cable Fastening - Disruptive innovation can be achieved by creating new methods or devices for securely fastening headphone cables and preventing entanglement.
1. Consumer Electronics - The consumer electronics industry can explore disruptive innovation opportunities by developing new cord management solutions that improve the user experience.
2. Home Organization - The home organization industry can benefit from disruptive innovation by creating products that simplify cord management and reduce clutter in living spaces.
3. Product Design - The product design industry can seek disruptive innovation opportunities by creating new and innovative cable fastening solutions that improve the functionality and aesthetics of electronic accessories.