The Burberry Prorsum FW 2012 menswear line by Christopher Bailey, presented at Milan Fashion Week, combines the best of the city and country, complementing sleek well-tailored suits with cropped hunting jackets and riding coats. The line is quite different from last season's tribal collection, especially in terms of color. Polka dot shirts under sleek suits are accessorized with duck-headed umbrellas and caps, and of course the staple Burberry trench coat.
Heavy wool coats are given a pop of color with college stripes at the bottom, while thick sweaters worn over shirt and polka dot tie are paired with studded leather gloves. The Burberry Prorsum FW 2012 menswear line also includes several fabulous velvet tailored suits, a play on the classic suited look which made the collection seem perfectly suited for the season.
The Burbery Prorsum FW 2012 Menswear Line is Chic for the City
1. City-country Combo Fashion - The combination of city and country style in fashion presents an opportunity for designers to create unique and versatile pieces that suit both environments.
2. Bold Accents and Colors - The use of bold and unexpected accents and colors in menswear presents an opportunity for fashion brands to target a young and fashion-forward demographic.
3. Revamping Classic Styles - Revamping classic styles, like velvet suits and polka dot shirts, creates opportunities for designers to put a modern twist on timeless pieces.
1. Fashion - The fashion industry can utilize the trend of city-country combo fashion and bold accents and colors to create new, unique, and fashion-forward menswear collections.
2. Retail - The retail industry can leverage the trend of revamping classic styles to attract customers looking for a modern twist on classic pieces.
3. Apparel Manufacturing - The apparel manufacturing industry can capitalize on the trend of city-country combo fashion and bold accents and colors to produce materials with high-quality fabrics and intricate designs.