Recently it was announced that The LEGO Group and Universal will enter into a brand partnership in order to promote the new 'Fast & Furious 9' film. The brand partnership entails that The LEGO Group will produce kits under its 'Technic' line of products, which is comprised of various models of cars. The new 'Fast & Furious branded LEGO kits are scheduled to be available to consumers on April 27th.
Jill Wilfert, the Vice President of Inbound & Entertainment Licensing for The LEGO Group, spoke about the new brand partnership, "Both franchises are known for creativity and cool cars so we are really excited to work with Universal on this awesome product that both LEGO Technic and Fast & Furious fans are going to love to build!”
Image Credit: Shutterstock
The LEGO Group and Universal Announced a Brand Partnership for Toys
1. Film-themed Model Cars - Creating model cars based on popular films as a way to reach new audiences of toy enthusiasts and collectors.
2. Brand Partnerships for Toys - Collaborating with popular film franchises to create licensed toy products and broaden audience reach.
3. Technic Line Expansion - Expanding LEGO's existing Technic line to include more film-themed model kits and accessories for car enthusiasts.
1. Toy Manufacturing - Increased partnership opportunities with film studios to create branded and licensed toy products.
2. Movie Production - Opportunity to form collaborative partnerships with toy manufacturers to promote upcoming films, and drive toy sales.
3. Collectibles Market - Tapping into a growing market of adult collectors and enthusiasts who enjoy building and displaying detailed model cars.