Don’t just unwrap presents this Christmas, uncrap them!
Christmas 2008 is fast approaching and I can already predict the unwanted presents that will be cluttering my place in the New Year. Horribly perfumed bath bombs, Charlie Girl body spray sets (I’m not 13 anymore!), another diary, more chocolates, knickers and socks with animal prints—the list is endless!
BoxedUp.com, an online shopping community, has launched a campaign aimed at Christmas shoppers to put a stop to the giving and receiving of unwanted presents. The online social shopping community has set up a dedicated site, ChristmasUncrapped.com.
You can vote online for your most unwanted Christmas product and the product with the most votes is destroyed by a madcap method of destruction, much to voters’ glee!
Watch the first video which shows the nemesis of all men’s Christmas wish lists, the cotton sock, shot at with a shotgun and blown up to smithereens!
1. Anti-unwanted Gifts - Opportunity for businesses to create campaigns and platforms that help prevent the giving and receiving of unwanted presents.
2. Online Social Shopping - Potential for innovative online shopping communities to enhance the shopping experience during the Christmas season and beyond.
3. Madcap Destruction - Disruptive innovation opportunity for companies to create unique and entertaining methods of destroying unwanted products.
1. E-commerce - E-commerce platforms can leverage the campaign against unwanted gifts to promote their services and increase customer engagement.
2. Social Media - Social media platforms can incorporate features that allow users to vote for unwanted products and share the destruction videos, enhancing user interaction and entertainment.
3. Entertainment - The entertainment industry can explore collaborations with the campaign to create engaging content centered around the destruction of unwanted products.