This book Instagram account captures the joy of reading. Ideal for book lovers, @blueeyedbiblio contains pretty pictures of books. Run by teenager Emily Ables, the social media account offers reading recommendations to her thousands of followers, gaining her the reputation of an "expert in young adult novels." Based in Pawnee, Indiana, the 18 year old explains "I love when people read a book because they know I loved it. Sharing the love of reading is a great feeling."
The book Instagram account most recently included suggestions for International Women's Day that were written by female authors about strong female lead characters. They included 'The Hunger Games' by Suzanne Collins, 'Just One Day' by Gayle Forman and 'Yes Please' by Amy Poehler.
This Beautiful Book Instagram Shares the Sheer Joy of Reading Real Books
1. Bookstagramming - Opportunity for publishing and media industry to partner with bookstagrammers and trendsetters to leverage their influence for book promotion.
2. Social-book Clubs - Opportunity for social media apps and book clubs to join forces to create digital book clubs that connect readers with diverse communities.
3. Interactive Reading - Opportunity for tech companies to create innovative apps and platforms for interactive reading experiences that engage and educate modern readers.
1. Publishing Industry - Opportunity for publishing industry to collaborate with book Instagrammers and bloggers to promote books on social media through bookstagramming.
2. Social Media Industry - Opportunity for social media platforms to partner and integrate with book clubs to create social-book club or reading groups to make it more accessible and interesting.
3. Tech Industry - Opportunity for tech companies to innovate and come up with apps and platforms that present interactive reading experiences to counter the decrease of book readership among the general population.