This actually might be a pretty useful gadget. I often miss calls and messages when I am listening to music on my iPod or when my phone is on vibration mode inside my baggy pants. I also have forgotten my phone behind on a few occasions. The self-explaining BluAlert Vibrating Bluetooth Wristband makes sure you do not miss a call or leave your phone behind by making sure you feel the vibration on your wrist.
Basically, it is a wristband that can be coupled with your phone over bluetooth and will vibrate when you have an incoming call or message. A bonus security feature is that once your phone is more than 5 meters away, BlueAlert buzzes you; so you will never accidentally forget your phone behind.
The wristband itself doesn't look half bad but I think it would awesome if they integrate a watch in it as well, so I do not have to wear both. Actually, maybe watch designers can use this concept and add the bluetooth vibration feature. The $63 BluAlert operates on the 2.4GHz Frequency with a 3 hour charge time and 100 hour stand-by time. The resizable neoprene band fits wrists from 7.5" to 9.5" around.
BluAlert Vibrating Bluetooth Wristband
1. Vibrating Bluetooth Wearables - Opportunity for wearable technology that incorporates vibrating alerts through Bluetooth connectivity.
2. Integration of Watches with Vibrating Alerts - Disruptive innovation opportunity for watch designers to add Bluetooth vibration features to their products.
3. Smartphone Security Accessories - Growing trend in the development of accessories that help prevent phone loss or forgetting it behind.
1. Wearable Technology - Wearable tech companies can explore vibrating Bluetooth wearables to provide enhanced notification features.
2. Watch Design - Opportunity for watch designers to integrate Bluetooth vibration alerts into their products and create multifunctional wearables.
3. Mobile Accessories - Development of smartphone security accessories that incorporate vibrating alerts to help prevent phone loss and forgetfulness.