If growing up you always wanted to be Ariel in the Little Mermaid then the Bimba & Lola Spring 2014 collection was designed with you in mind.
Mystical and surreal, the Bimba & Lola Spring 2014 collection is inspired by surrealist painter Maruja Mallo. The painter is one of the most popular visual artists of her movement -- her movement being the Spanish avant-garde movement.
Using Mallo's 1952 painting Mermaids as the focal influence for the Bimba & Lola Spring 2014 collection, the casual everyday pieces are made using a kaleidoscope of materials.
Featuring materials with shiny iridescent finishes, metallic leather, loose knits and stamped neoprene, you can really feel the 'under the sea' feel of the collection.
The Bimba & Lola Spring 2014 Collection Channels Little Mermaid
1. Aquatic-inspired Fashion - Opportunity for fashion brands to incorporate aquatic themes and materials into their collections, creating a unique and visually stunning look.
2. Surrealist Art Influence - Potential for designers to draw inspiration from surrealist art movements, creating collections that are bold, imaginative, and push the boundaries of traditional fashion.
3. Iridescent Finishes - Growing trend of using iridescent finishes in fashion, allowing for a futuristic and ethereal aesthetic.
1. Fashion - Fashion brands can take advantage of the aquatic and surrealist art trends to create bold and eye-catching collections that appeal to consumers.
2. Art - Artists and designers can collaborate to produce unique and avant-garde pieces inspired by surrealist art movements.
3. Textiles - Textile manufacturers can explore new materials and finishes to cater to the demand for iridescent and metallic fabrics in the fashion industry.