Launched in April 2009, Beyond Profit is a magazine that provides content on various social enterprises, ideas andn individuals inthe social sector.
It is in part thanks to Intellecap, a social investment advisory firm, that Beyond Profit is able to bring its quality content to the masses. Founded in 2002, Intellecap works on providing resources for social enterprises through microfinance development programs, providing consulting, facilitating investments and much more.
Media publications and websites are increasingly important when it comes to bringing attention to social business and the role that it has in bringing about change both locally and globally. Based in Mumbai, India Beyond Profit’s issues are also available to download in an e-magazine format.
Some of the topics that Beyond Profit covers is capitalism, microfinance, property rights, social innovation, slum rehabilitation and transparency, as well as profiles on various organizations, social enterprises and individuals. Beyond Profit covers a variety of different sectors including non-profits, governments, for-profits and everything in between.
Beyond Profit explains on their website that, “traditional businesses and their leaders are failing to address the society’s problems, the world is seeking new models to bring innovative solutions to challenges related to poverty, climate change, education, and health.” We can all learn more about this emerging sector that is brimming with possibilities in order produce tangible social change that actually makes a differences in people’s lived experiences.
Beyond Profit is an important resource for entrepreneurs who are searching for inspiration for their latest project, or anyone else interested in issues in developing countries and emerging markets. It is through media like this that people can learn about the social entrepreneurship world and thus, spark large-scale and innovative social change.
Beyond Profit Website
512, Palm Spring, Link Road, Malad West
Telephone: +91-22-4035 9222
Beyond Profit Provides Content to Spark Positive Change
1. Social Enterprises - Opportunity for disruptive innovation in creating business models that address social and environmental issues.
2. Social Innovation - Opportunity for disruptive innovation in developing new solutions to challenges related to poverty, climate change, education, and health.
3. Emerging Markets - Opportunity for disruptive innovation in identifying market gaps and creating innovative products/services for developing countries.
1. Media Publications - Opportunity for disruptive innovation in creating new platforms and formats to promote social business and bring attention to social issues.
2. Social Investment Advisory - Opportunity for disruptive innovation in providing innovative financial and consulting solutions for social enterprises.
3. Microfinance Development - Opportunity for disruptive innovation in developing new approaches and technologies to increase access to financial services for underserved communities.