Bernhard Willhelm's Fall/Winter 2012 menswear collection introduces a shoe hybrid that combines the style of a sneaker with the practicality of a hiking boot. The German label has teamed up with the Spanish Camper label, fusing their perspectives on fashion and outwear.
These mesmerizing Willhelm shoes feature an unusual blend of velcro straps, zebra-print laces and a zigzag-patterned sole. The title of 'Toðer Sneakers' fits the make-up of the footwear quite well as they intertwine elements that would often be left separate.
Lightweight leather provides the base for this Willhelm x Camper design, largely accounting for its $265 price tag. The hi-top structure is also of mass appeal, a desired look for vintage and hip-hop enthusiasts.
Bernhard Willhelm's Fall/Winter 2012 Footwear Combines Outerwear Themes
1. Hiking-sneaker Hybrids - The fusion of hiking boots with sneaker elements offers opportunities for functional yet stylish footwear designs.
2. Fashion-outerwear Collaborations - Designers partnering with outerwear companies offer the potential for crossover collaborations and new perspectives on practical fashion.
3. Utilitarian Aesthetics - The incorporation of functional features such as velcro straps and hi-top structures into fashion footwear highlights the potential for utilitarian aesthetics.
1. Footwear - The footwear industry has the opportunity to embrace functional yet stylish designs, incorporating features from outdoor and athletic footwear.
2. Fashion - The fashion industry has the opportunity to embrace practical fashion through collaborations with outerwear companies and the incorporation of utilitarian features.
3. Outdoor Gear - Companies specializing in outdoor gear have the potential for crossover collaborations with fashion brands, offering new perspectives on practical yet stylish outdoor footwear.