While most brands are going for an aquatic theme this season, Bebe takes us on a wild safari trip in their Summer 2009 Catalogue.
The Bebe Summer 2009 Safari Catalogue features model Diana Moldovan captured by photographer Giuliano Bekor with wild animals including elephants, zebras, leopards, lions, and more.
Implications - The appeal behind the use of animals in fashion campaigns ties back to the basic, biological urge to be sexy that is essentially the basis of the fashion industry. When one speaks of animal urges, they are referring to unabashed sexuality or violence. This kind of raw sensuality is what drives the fashion industry, making animals and fashion a perfect pair.
Bebe Summer 2009 Safari Catalogue
1. Animal-inspired Fashion - The use of wild animals in fashion campaigns taps into the appeal of raw sensuality and draws on the primal instincts of consumers.
2. Nature-influenced Advertising - The inclusion of wild animals in fashion campaigns connects with the ongoing trend of incorporating nature and the outdoors into marketing strategies.
3. Ethical Fashion Practices - The use of wild animals in fashion campaigns raises questions about ethical practices and sustainability in the industry.
1. Fashion - The fashion industry can explore using animal-inspired designs and incorporating elements of nature into their advertising campaigns.
2. Photography - Photographers can create captivating images by incorporating wild animals into their fashion photoshoots.
3. Conservation - Organizations focused on wildlife conservation can partner with fashion brands to raise awareness and promote ethical practices.