Forget those ubiquitous tote bags that everyone's carrying -- and selling -- around town instead of using plastic bags; BasketBasket offers an alternative eco-friendly shopping bag. The baskets offered, which are all handmade and fair trade, range from French-style couffins to more plain beach bags.
BasketBasket, a family-run business, was founded in January of 2008 after the founder lived in France and got inspired by the baskets there. Now, BasketBasket, based in North East Hampshire, sources its baskets from artisans in Morocco and Ghana. The social business is also a member of Woodland Trust in order to contribute to carbon offsetting when the products are shipped by air.
BasketBasket on Facebook
BasketBasket on Twitter
BasketBasket on Pinterest
BasketBasket Offers Handmade French-Style Couffins
1. Eco-friendly Shopping Bags - Opportunities for disruptive innovation include exploring new sustainable materials to create eco-friendly shopping bags.
2. Fair Trade Products - Disruptive innovation opportunities include developing new fair trade product lines for socially-responsible consumers.
3. Handmade Artisanal Products - Opportunities for disruptive innovation include introducing innovative manufacturing processes to scale production and increase accessibility to handmade artisanal products.
1. Retail - Retailers can disrupt the market by offering a wider variety of eco-friendly shopping bags and highlighting their benefits to appeal to sustainability-conscious consumers.
2. Fashion - Fashion brands can incorporate eco-friendly shopping bags and fair trade products as part of their lines to tap into the growing trend of socially-responsible consumption.
3. Artisanal Crafts - Artisanal craft businesses can innovate by introducing new materials and designs to handmade products to appeal to modern consumers while preserving traditional craftsmanship techniques.