Photographer Ricardo Rivera captures 'Banana Flowers,' an editorial that is lensed for style publication The Ones 2 Watch. Starring models Arthur, Sheck, Sean and Taaj, this series features gender-bending portraits of expressive menswear looks.
Posing amidst a tropical setting, this photoshoot's model cast dons floral and tapestry-clad tops and coats that make an androgynous statement when worn. Exuding an opulent air, this editorial highlights fashions from labels like Philip Lim and Dries Van Noten among other names.
Creative direction for The Ones 2 Watch Banana Flowers series is courtesy of photographer Ricardo Rivera who collaborates with wardrobe stylist Lutfi Janania. Hair and makeup for this series is the work of Yuui Vision and consists of male cosmetics like bright lipstick applications and vivid blush powders.
Image Credit: Ricardo Rivera
The Ones 2 Watch 'Banana Flowers' Image Series is Gender-Bending
1. Androgynous Fashion - Designers and fashion brands can disrupt traditional gender norms by creating more gender-neutral clothing.
2. Male Makeup - Beauty companies and makeup artists can disrupt the beauty industry by creating more makeup marketed towards men.
3. Tropical Aesthetic - Brands in the tourism and hospitality industry can disrupt the travel sector by catering to the rise in popularity of tropical aesthetics.
1. Fashion - Fashion brands and designers can find disruptive innovation opportunities in the growing demand for androgynous fashion.
2. Beauty - Beauty companies and makeup artists can find disruptive innovation opportunities in creating more makeup marketed towards men and breaking traditional gender norms.
3. Travel and Hospitality - Brands in the travel and hospitality industry can find disruptive innovation opportunities in catering to the rise in popularity of tropical aesthetics.