Now that the new year is over, the reality of some of the bad Christmas gifts people got is starting to settle in. What exactly to do you do with that horrible sweater your parents or grandparents bought for you? They expect to see it from time to time, so you can’t just hide it.
To solve this problem, Foot Locker and Victor Cruz step in and provide some much-needed relief in the form of Foot Locker-Approved gear. The ad shows two parents sitting in the kitchen, greeting their son as he looks into the fridge despairingly. They ask him how he likes his new sweater -- he shrugs and says it’s great, but it’s clear he isn’t happy and it was a certifiably bad Christmas gift.
Victor Cruz Steps in to Help Ease the Pain of Bad Christmas Gifts
1. Innovative Gift Exchange Solutions - Disruptive innovation opportunity: Develop platforms or services that facilitate gift exchanges to help people find better-suited gifts.
2. Customizable Apparel and Accessories - Disruptive innovation opportunity: Create personalized products that allow recipients to customize and modify gifts like sweaters into something they actually like.
3. Celebrity Collaborations in Branding - Disruptive innovation opportunity: Collaborate with popular celebrities to create endorsed products that provide relief for recipients of bad gifts.
1. E-commerce - Disruptive innovation opportunity: Develop innovative e-commerce platforms that connect consumers looking to exchange unwanted gifts.
2. Fashion and Retail - Disruptive innovation opportunity: Change the traditional retail model by offering customizable apparel and accessories to combat the issues of unwanted gifts.
3. Marketing and Advertising - Disruptive innovation opportunity: Utilize celebrity collaborations in advertising campaigns to promote new products or services that cater to recipients of bad gifts.