Iconic rubber clog brand Crocs has teamed up with Awake NY, a streetwear brand founded by Supreme's director Angelo Baque, to drop the 'Awake NY x Crocs Classic Clog.'
The new collaborative clog arrives in a paint-splattered colorway and comes packaged with a series of Awake NY-themed Jibbitz charms. According to Baque, the design for the new clogs draws inspiration from DIY fashion culture, particularly the many artisans and craftspeople who are currently working to create one-of-a-kind handmade pieces.
“The design pays homage to my favorite pair of pants, which were custom-made by a very dear friend of mine. I’m in awe of those who work with their hands, especially in today’s times. That’s why I chose to highlight local artisans and spaces for the campaign.”
Image Credit: Awanke NY/Rafael Rios
Crocs Teams Up with Awake NY to Launch New DIY-Celebrating Clogs
1. DIY Fashion Culture - The rise of DIY fashion culture opens up opportunities for collaborations between brands and local artists to create unique, limited edition pieces.
2. Streetwear and Comfort Footwear Fusion - The merging of streetwear aesthetics and comfort footwear could prompt more partnerships and innovative designs in the footwear industry.
3. Customizable Footwear - The demand for customizable footwear provides an opportunity for brands to offer consumers personalized options through accessories like Jibbitz charms.
1. Fashion Collaborations - Disruptive collaborations between unexpected brands, such as streetwear and footwear companies, can create new market segments and unique products.
2. Artisanal Manufacturing - Investing in local artisans and craftspeople allows businesses to generate innovative, customized products while supporting regional talent.
3. Luxury Streetwear - Opportunities lie in the luxury streetwear market, with growing demand for high-quality, fashionable, and comfortable products that showcase personal style.