If you've ever wanted to avoid human contact for the rest of your life, you can now with the UNA Autonomous Yacht. The luxury boat was designed to be self-sustaining so that you never have to return to land again. As a result, users of the sleek yacht can live out their days on the high seas.
Designer Graham Kukla drafted the concept yacht in order to explore how one might remain autonomous while out on the ocean. Kukla designed the boat to use photoelectrochemical hydrogen procution to produce electricity. This means that the UNA converts sunlight and hydrogen into energy.
In addition to acting as a power plant, the UNA was also designed the yacht to produce food. Produce grown on Kukla's yacht could be used to supplement a diet of seafood captured from the ocean.
The UNA Autonomous Yacht Allows You to Live on the Ocean Forever
1. Self-sustaining Yachts - Opportunity for disruptive innovation in creating fully self-sustaining yachts that do not require returning to land.
2. Autonomous Living - Opportunity for disruptive innovation in designing autonomous yachts that allow people to live on the ocean indefinitely.
3. Eco-friendly Yacht Design - Opportunity for disruptive innovation in developing environmentally friendly yachts that generate their own electricity and food.
1. Maritime Industry - Opportunity for disruption in the maritime industry by creating self-sustaining and autonomous yachts.
2. Renewable Energy Industry - Opportunity for disruption in the renewable energy industry by designing yachts that use photoelectrochemical hydrogen production.
3. Sustainable Food Industry - Opportunity for disruption in the sustainable food industry by developing food production systems on yachts for supplementing seafood diets.