Augmented reality packaging has gained popularity in recent years as it introduces a highly interactive and immersive element when it comes to marketing. Recently, Pepsi launched an international campaign that borrows AR sensibilities and combines them in a gamified framework to engage consumers.
The limited-edition augmented reality packaging includes QR codes that unlock digital versions of famous soccer players Lionel Messi, Paul Pogba, Mo Salah, and Raheem Sterling who compete in a game of "keepie uppie." Participants are challenged to juggle a soccer ball in the air for the longest amount of time, while scores can be shared via Instagram Stories.
In addition, the campaign also extends with a 60-second titled 'Play Never Stops' where the athletes were challenged to balance soda cans on tricky surfaces. Consumers were encouraged to engage with the #PepsiCanBalance on social media.
Image Credit: PepsiCo.
Pepsi Launches a Soccer-Inspired International Campaign
1. Augmented Reality Packaging - Using augmented reality technology in product packaging to create interactive and immersive marketing experiences.
2. Gamified Marketing - Incorporating gaming elements into marketing campaigns to engage consumers and encourage participation.
3. Social Media Integration - Integrating social media platforms like Instagram Stories to enable sharing and enhance brand visibility.
1. Food and Beverage - Opportunity for food and beverage companies to leverage augmented reality packaging to enhance consumer engagement and brand loyalty.
2. Advertising and Marketing - Opportunity for advertising and marketing agencies to specialize in creating gamified campaigns that utilize augmented reality packaging.
3. Social Media Platforms - Opportunity for social media platforms to develop seamless integrations with augmented reality experiences, enhancing user engagement and driving platform usage.