This year Hallmark celebrates their 100th year birthday. Through the years, greeting cards have evolved from traditional to special effects to digital e-cards to mobile. Next up, just in time for Valentine's Day, Hallmark introduced the latest trend in greeting cards to go mainstream—augmented reality (AR).
They are calling the product line “webcam greetings,” since as with any AR application, the recipient points the card at their webcam to watch the 3D animated greeting. Ten different AR Valentine greeting cards are available. Most of the cards sell for $2.99, with the more deluxe versions costing $5.99.
If you haven’t yet seen AR in action, check out how it works by viewing the video above, or click on the other AR applications in the related trends below.
Hallmark Introduces Augmented Reality Greeting Cards
1. Augmented Reality Greeting Cards - The introduction of AR greeting cards in the greeting card industry presents an opportunity for companies to create unique and personalized experiences for consumers.
2. Webcam Greetings - The rise of webcam greetings as a trend in greeting cards presents an opportunity for companies to create interactive and engaging products.
3. Greeting Cards in the Digital Age - The increased popularity of digital greeting cards presents an opportunity for companies to create innovative and modern products that appeal to tech-savvy consumers.
1. Greeting Card Industry - The introduction of AR and webcam greetings presents an opportunity for companies in the greeting card industry to incorporate new technologies and stand out in a crowded market.
2. Technology Industry - The trend towards AR and webcam greetings presents an opportunity for companies in the technology industry to develop new applications and software that support this emerging trend.
3. E-commerce Industry - The rise of digital greeting cards presents an opportunity for companies in the e-commerce industry to capture a portion of the market by offering personalized and customizable digital products.