There’s been a very insistent banner ad running on Trend Hunter pages for the last several days. It’s promoting GE Smartgrid and it’s using a pretty cool hologram toy to do it.
The holograms are part of an ad campaign GE launched in February called NOW. The theme is, innovation you don´t have to wait for. The campaign incorporates three themes: ecomagination, healthcare and Global Research, and have a key focus on Smart Grid technologies. There are television, print and digital components. The digital campaign was created by Goodby, Silverstein & Partners.
To try it, go to the GE site and follow the directions to print a ‘solar panel marker,’ on a recycled piece of paper if you want to stay earth-friendly. Turn on your computer’s sound and webcam. Turn off any popup blockers. Hold the paper up and angle it around until the hologram appears. There’s also one for wind.
Check out the video above to see how they work.
One guy used his iPod instead of paper to reflect the pdf image into his computer’s webcam; he put a short video and images of it on his Flickr page.
The entire project is elegantly designed and engaging. I spend quite a bit of time being interactive.
GE Uses Augmented Reality to Promote Solar & Wind Smart Grid Technology
1. Smart Grid Technologies - Companies can explore the use of augmented reality and hologram technology to promote their smart grid technologies in a more engaging way.
2. Eco-friendly Marketing - The use of recycled paper markers to access augmented reality can become a trend in eco-friendly marketing strategies.
3. Interactive Advertising - The use of hologram toys and augmented reality in advertising campaigns can become a trend in creating more interactive and engaging advertisements.
1. Energy - Energy companies can leverage augmented reality and hologram technology to promote their renewable energy sources and encourage consumers to adopt smart grid technologies.
2. Marketing and Advertising - Marketing and advertising firms can explore the use of hologram toys and augmented reality in creating more interactive and engaging campaigns for their clients.
3. Technology - The use of augmented reality technology in promoting renewable energy and smart grid technologies can become a trend in the technology industry.