Disney is developing augmented reality coloring books to better the brand to young digital natives. Although coloring books are a perfect way for a child to express their imagination and creativity, children seem to be less engaged in them because of the proliferation of digital devices.
Disney's proposed augmented reality coloring book will be accompanied by an app in which children will be able to color on paper, and inspect their work -- both the process and the finished product -- through a mobile app. The drawing is detected and tracked while the video stream is augmented with a 3D character brought to life. The character in 3D will be textured and colored according to the child's artwork.
The aim of the project is to get kids interested in the creation process and be active participants rather than passive viewers.
Disney's New App Will Make a Child's Artwork 3D
1. Augmented Reality Coloring Books - Augmented reality technology is being integrated into traditional coloring books to enhance engagement and creativity in children.
2. Digital Device Engagement - The proliferation of digital devices has resulted in decreased engagement with traditional activities like coloring books, creating opportunities for digital solutions.
3. Active Participation in Creativity - Augmented reality coloring books encourage children to be active participants in the creative process, fostering imagination and artistic expression.
1. Education Technology - Education technology companies can incorporate augmented reality into their products, such as coloring books, to enhance learning experiences.
2. Entertainment - The entertainment industry can leverage augmented reality coloring books to create interactive and immersive experiences for children, enhancing engagement and brand loyalty.
3. Child Development - The field of child development can explore the impact of augmented reality coloring books on creativity, imagination, and cognitive development in children.