Heron Preston launches his highly anticipated third collection and the Fall/Winter 2018 line is a fusion of contemporary chic and astronaut-themed streetwear. 'Public Figure' is dubbed "an aesthetic riff on influencer culture and self-declared celebrity." It debuted in Paris in January and showcased the collaborative efforts of Preston and Carhartt WIP.
On one hand, the collection references social media platforms through its 'Public Figure' and 'Influencer' graphics, which prove to be a perfect add-on to the daring snakeskin leather dresses and the provocative cut-out denim jeans. On the other hand, Heron Preston has resurrected NASA's authentic 1975 logo. By doing so, the Fall/Winter 2018 channels astronaut-themed streetwear apparel in the spirit of commemorating the National Aeronautics and Space Administration agency's upcoming 60th anniversary.
Heron Preston Collaborated with NASA on a Fall/Winter 2018 Collection
1. Astronaut-themed Streetwear - Opportunity for fashion brands to incorporate futuristic designs and space-inspired motifs into their collections.
2. Influencer Culture Referencing - Opportunity for brands to capitalize on popular trends in social media by incorporating social media-inspired graphics into fashion collections.
3. Vintage Logo Resurrection - Opportunity for brands to revive and rebrand vintage logos for a modern audience.
1. Fashion - Trend can be directly applied to clothing brands and fashion designers.
2. Social Media Marketing - Trend provides opportunities for brands to incorporate popular influencer culture into social media marketing strategies.
3. Vintage Branding - Trend can be applied to a variety of industries looking to revive and rebrand vintage logos, such as food and beverage or automotive.