Though it may sound too good to be true, VISA really is sending one aspiring influencer on a free trip to Thailand or Spain as part of a new 'cashless' contest. Dubbed the VISA Cashless Challenge: International Travel Edition, the trip will give one lucky person the chance to enjoy a dream vacation and learn how to become a social media star.
The Visa Cashless Challenge: International Travel Edition is a contest where consumers can win one of two curated international trips. Social media stars Arden Cho and brothers Alex and Marko Ayling (also known as the @VagaBrothers), each designed one trip itinerary. Cho chose Thailand, while the Ayling brothers picked Spain's Basque Country. Before embarking on each trip, winners will receive tips from the social media influencers on how to take the best photos, write killer captions, and share the trip with their followers.
To win, all aspiring influencers have to do is submit a short video outlining why they are passionate about travel before June 15th.
Image Credit: VISA.
VISA is Sending Someone on a Free Trip to Thailand or Spain
1. Aspiring Influencer Contest - Companies can leverage the influencer marketing trend and launch social media contests to engage with consumers and increase brand awareness.
2. Social Media Education - There is an opportunity for education and training programs to teach people how to become social media influencers and provide them with the skills and knowledge to succeed in the industry.
3. Curated Travel Experiences - Businesses can create curated travel experiences that are designed by social media influencers to appeal to a specific demographic, increasing engagement and creating an immersive brand experience.
1. Hospitality - Hotels and other hospitality businesses can partner with social media influencers to design and promote curated travel experiences that provide guests with unique and Instagram-worthy moments.
2. Tourism - Tourism boards and travel agencies can create social media contests and offer curated trips designed by influencers to promote destinations and attract visitors.
3. Education - Education and training programs can provide courses and workshops on social media marketing and influencer management to help companies build their brands through collaborations with popular social media personalities.