PUMA introduces two new iterations of its iconic footwear models adorned in an Asphalt colorway option exclusively crafted for Hypefest this weekend. The founder and creative director of Mita Japan, Shigeyuki Kunii, works in collaboration with the German sportswear label on reworking its CELL Endura model and the CELL Venom sneakers as well. Both silhouettes are inspired by a 90s design aesthetic throughout their exteriors and the new gray-hued uppers retain the same concept.
The uppers are constructed from a breathable mesh material overlayed with both suede and PU to gravitate attention. Its toe cap has digital stitching details, all sitting atop of an EVA midsole and an outsole crafted from rubber. The label's iconic CELL technology and cushioning system round off the sneakers.
PUMA Gives its CELL Endura and CELL Venom a New Asphalt Colorway
1. 90s-inspired Sneakers - Opportunities for the continued revival of 90s fashion and design aesthetics, including collaborations with designers and limited edition releases.
2. Exclusive Colorway Options - Potential to create exclusive colorways for specific events, festivals, or collaborations to generate buzz and increase demand.
3. Combining Classic and Modern Design - Opportunities to merge classic sneaker silhouettes with modern design elements and materials to create fresh iterations of iconic models.
1. Sportswear - Opportunities to collaborate with designers and incorporate modern design aesthetics into classic sportswear, as seen with PUMA's collaboration with Mita Japan.
2. Fashion - Potential for 90s-inspired fashion and design trends to continue influencing the industry, including the revival of classic sneaker designs.
3. Retail - Opportunities to create exclusive colorways and limited edition releases for specific events, festivals, or collaborations to increase foot traffic and drive sales in retail stores.