In this ad, Aquafresh toothpaste isn't campaigning against eating candy, it's simply asserting that when you do eat candy, you should also brush with Aquafresh when you're finished.
This set of print ads was released at the same time and addresses both the sweet and salty types of treats: most prefer one or the other when it comes to junk food. What's interesting is that Aquafresh toothpaste presented the candies (a gummy bear and a fish snack) as decorations -- the gummy bear is a throw rug and the fish snack is a wall ornament. This is beautiful symbolism when you think about these candies sticking to the inside of your mouth like they do to the floor and wall in these ads.
Think about this ad next time you chomp on some candy.
This Ad Promotes Aquafresh Toothpaste and its Quest Against Candy
1. Candy-free Dental Products - Opportunity for dental product companies to develop innovative alternatives to traditional toothpaste focused on combating the negative effects of candy consumption.
2. Symbolic Advertising - Opportunity for advertisers to create campaigns that use symbolism to convey messages and resonate with consumers on a deeper level.
3. Health-conscious Snacking - Opportunity for food companies to create healthier alternatives to traditional candies and snacks that are less damaging to teeth and promote oral health.
1. Dental Products - Opportunity for dental product companies to market and develop new toothpaste and dental care products that specifically target the negative effects of candy consumption.
2. Advertising and Marketing - Opportunity for ad agencies to assist brands in creating symbolic and impactful campaigns that connect with consumers and convey important messages.
3. Food and Snacks - Opportunity for food companies to develop and market healthier alternatives to traditional candies and snacks, catering to health-conscious individuals concerned about oral health.