Apple News is adding content related to the United States 2020 presidential election. The platform's coverage will include candidate guides, as well as curated news, and news literacy content. Curated news will come from a number of different outlets, including ABC News, CNN, Fox News, Reuters, The New York Times, Time, and more. Guides on the platform will be assembled by the Apple News editorial team.
Previously Apple entered into an agreement with ABC News on election coverage, and the agreement stated that coverage will begin on February 7th, with content related to the Democratic primary debates.
Apple has a strong history of created guides for United States elections, and the organization began showcasing its own election content beginning in 2016.
Image Credit: Apple News
Apple News is Creating Content for the 2020 United States Election
1. Curated Election Coverage - Disruptive innovation opportunity: Creating personalized and comprehensive election coverage by curating news from multiple outlets.
2. News Literacy - Disruptive innovation opportunity: Developing educational content and tools to promote news literacy and combat misinformation during elections.
3. Platform-produced Guides - Disruptive innovation opportunity: Leveraging editorial expertise to generate informative and unbiased guides that provide valuable insights into the candidates and their policies.
1. Media and News Outlets - Disruptive innovation opportunity: Partnering with technology companies to distribute curated election coverage and expand reach to wider audiences.
2. Education and Edtech - Disruptive innovation opportunity: Developing online courses and platforms dedicated to improving news literacy and critical thinking skills in the digital age.
3. Information and Technology - Disruptive innovation opportunity: Building AI-powered platforms that can generate real-time analysis and insights on election-related news and trends.