Their clothes are awesome and the shop is a must-visit, but the adverts for American Apparel have recently come onto my radar, too. Via Trend Hunter of course!
The very 80s inspired, aerobics-style ads include striking sexual images, but take their purpose a step further with social commentary on issues like immigration. Considering the clothes in the shops are your 'basics,’ the adverts totally rock the brand.
Shiny legs are the way forward I tell you.
American Apparel Goes 80s Glam in Striking Adverts
1. Aerobic-style Advertisements - Opportunity for brands to catch attention and make a statement through bold, 80s-inspired ads with social commentary.
2. Sexual Imagery in Advertising - Brands can explore using striking sexual images in their ads to create a memorable and provocative impact.
3. Social Commentary in Fashion Ads - Fashion brands can take a stand on social issues like immigration through their advertisements, resonating with socially-conscious consumers.
1. Fashion Retail - Fashion retailers can capitalize on the success of American Apparel's edgy ads and explore creating bold and unconventional advertisements.
2. Advertising and Marketing - Advertisers and marketers can embrace the use of bold and provocative imagery to capture audience attention and create impactful campaigns.
3. Social Activism - Brands can align themselves with social causes and incorporate social commentary into their advertising campaigns, appealing to consumers who value activism.