The fashion graduates are busy finishing off their final collections before entering the real world, and Alex Mattsson is one of them. His remarkable collection is one of the ones picked out and peeped at by Dazed Digital this week.
The Sixth Sun collection is made by Alex Mattsson, a fashion student at the Royal College of Art, and is based around an ancient Mayans and Aztec myth predicting an apocalyptic scenario in the year 2012 called the era of the 6th sun.
Alex Mattsson's collection is made to suit the high-tech tribal gang and is located in Los Angeles. I love the bright neon color-high-tech mix!
Alex Mattsson's Sixth Sun Collection Envisions the Future
1. High-tech Tribal Fashion - Opportunity for designers to create futuristic fashion that combines traditional tribal elements with modern technology.
2. Apocalyptic-inspired Fashion - Room for designers to explore designs and themes that reflect dystopian or post-apocalyptic scenarios.
3. Mythology-influenced Fashion - Designers can draw inspiration from ancient myths and legends to create unique and storytelling fashion collections.
1. Fashion Design - Designers can capitalize on the demand for innovative and forward-thinking fashion by exploring high-tech, apocalyptic, and mythology-inspired designs.
2. Technology - Tech companies can collaborate with fashion designers to create garments and accessories that incorporate cutting-edge technology for a high-tech tribal aesthetic.
3. Entertainment - Film and television productions can leverage the popularity of apocalyptic and mythological narratives to collaborate with fashion designers for unique costume designs.