America's Next Top Model, or ANTM, recently announced that not only will it bring back its creator Tyra Banks as the host and most prominent judge, it will also strive to be more age-inclusive than it has been in the past.
The modelling world has long had strict, often non-inclusive standards of beauty, and Banks has been at the forefront of changing that fact. Along with the lack of racial diversity and body inclusivity in the modelling world, the industry is also often ageist. Banks is hoping to change this by changing the age standards on her show from "27 or younger," to getting rid of those restrictive qualifications altogether.
Not only will this shift work towards putting a spotlight on diversity in modelling, it will also help ANTM appeal to more demographics than it previously did.
ANTM Will be Nixing Its Age Restrictions for Applicants
1. Age-inclusive Modelling - By eliminating age restrictions, the modelling industry can become more diverse and inclusive, paving the way for older models to have equal opportunities.
2. Diversity in Beauty Standards - The move to be more age-inclusive in the modelling world challenges traditional beauty standards and encourages acceptance of a wider range of ages.
3. Expanding Target Demographics - ANTM's decision to remove age restrictions opens up new opportunities for the show to attract a broader audience and expand its reach.
1. Fashion and Modeling Industry - The fashion and modeling industry can seize the opportunity to embrace diversity and inclusivity by reevaluating age restrictions and promoting age-inclusive campaigns.
2. Cosmetics and Skincare Industry - With age-inclusive modelling becoming more prevalent, the cosmetics and skincare industry can tap into the growing market of older consumers by offering products that celebrate and cater to various age groups.
3. Streaming and Entertainment Industry - As ANTM seeks to attract more diverse participants, the streaming and entertainment industry can leverage this trend by creating new reality shows or expanding existing ones that embrace models of all ages.