Photographer Julieanne Kost traveled to the south pole to capture beauty unknown to most humans. Her 'Blue Ice' series is full of imagery of bright white and blue colors; it's eye-level photos of icebergs.
The photos are a different take from what most consumers recognize as icebergs. Generally images of an entire berg above water is what is presented in media, but Kost took an up-close and personal stance instead.The outcome looks like it's something out of a fantasy. At times one would even question whether these were 3D animated photos.
Much of mankind seems to have an interest in discovering the unknown, which is probably why companies like National Geographic and BBC do so well. Their documentaries capture real-life moments inaccessible to many people and brings it to everyday consumers. Images like Blue Ice work to transport consumers to another part of the world. Not only would art like this be beneficial for documentary media, it would be something even contemporary art galleries would want to feature to draw in visitors.
Julieanne Kost Captures the Beauty of Antarctica Icebergs
1. Up-close Photography - Exploring unfamiliar subjects with a unique perspective through up-close photography can create astonishing visuals.
2. Fantastical Imagery - Producing a surreal, otherworldly look through photography can be a viable approach in creating art pieces or compelling visuals in media.
3. Immersive Experience - Visual content that transports viewers to another place and connects them with unseen beauty can be appealing in both artistic and media industries.
1. Art Galleries - Art galleries can utilize captivating photography to attract visitors and showcase unique pieces of art that evoke emotion or a sense of awe and wonder.
2. Media and Entertainment - The media and entertainment industries can use stunning visuals to capture audience attention, create awe-inspiring documentaries, and immersive experiences that transport viewers to different parts of the world.
3. Tourism - Tourism sectors can utilize eye-catching and exciting visual content that showcases the ecosystem's beauty and attracts explorers who look for rare experiences.