The clip above is an innovative marketing approach from Vogue Italia, which we've called animated fashiontography.
The pirate fashion video seen above is comprised of footage from the main editorial inside the September 2009 issue of Vogue Italia. The animated fashiontography is an innovative way to promote the magazine as it doesn't actually feature the models posing live like some making-of videos do; instead, it just animates the still images used in the actual editorial. For example, the animated fashiontography shows a still shot of a pipe brought to life with moving smoke and a gorgeous head shot is given a lively edge with the animated application of eyeliner.
Vogue Italia Brings Pirates from September 2009 Editorial to Life
1. Animated Fashiontography - Create animated versions of still fashion images to bring them to life and engage audiences.
2. Innovative Magazine Marketing - Use unique and unconventional approaches to promote fashion magazines and attract attention.
3. Interactive Fashion Campaigns - Develop interactive and engaging campaigns that go beyond traditional print advertising.
1. Fashion Publishing - Fashion magazines can explore the use of animation to enhance their editorials and capture the interest of readers.
2. Digital Marketing - Digital marketers can leverage animated fashiontography as a creative way to promote brands and products.
3. Advertising and Promotion - Innovative advertising agencies can incorporate animated fashiontography in campaigns to create unique brand experiences.