Being a great blogger is no longer enough—you have to be fashionable too, and StyleList.com and Bluefly are out to find ‘America’s Most Stylish Blogger.’
While a contest like this may very well be redundant (for when has there ever been a style/fashion blogger who dressed poorly?), it’s a fantastic opportunity for bloggers to get their names out there. The winner, chosen by public vote, will score a shopping spree, their own blog on StyleList.com, and a blogger store on Bluefly.
StyleList.com outlines the process for choosing America’s Most Stylish Blogger: “We’ll choose contestants in mid-October. Each week, we’ll send them an item of clothing or an accessory and ask them to style it—on themselves, on their muse or on a model… We’ll post their photos, blog entries and videos breaking down the looks… Then the polls will open, and Americans get to cast their votes!”
Stylelist.com & Bluefly's 'America's Most Stylish Blogger Contest'
1. Fashion Blogger Contests - Disruptive innovation opportunity: Brands can capitalize on the popularity of fashion bloggers by hosting contests to find the most stylish influencers and gain exposure.
2. Blogger Collaboration Campaigns - Disruptive innovation opportunity: Brands can partner with fashion bloggers to create collaborative campaigns that combine their unique styles and reach a wider audience.
3. Interactive Fashion Competitions - Disruptive innovation opportunity: Platforms can create interactive competitions where participants can showcase their styling skills in real-time and engage with a community of fashion enthusiasts.
1. Fashion Retail - Disruptive innovation opportunity: Fashion retailers can leverage the popularity of fashion blogger contests to increase brand awareness and drive sales.
2. Marketing and Advertising - Disruptive innovation opportunity: Marketing and advertising agencies can develop innovative campaigns that integrate fashion bloggers to reach a younger, trend-savvy audience.
3. Technology and Social Media - Disruptive innovation opportunity: Technology companies can develop interactive platforms and tools that facilitate fashion competitions and engagement between bloggers and their followers.