Honda has created new airbag technology that it will use in its upcoming 2020 vehicles. Honda indicates that new airbag technology helps to better protect people from neck and brain injuries to frontal collisions. The new technology can also protect against collisions from different angles. The new technology will be included in the auto manufacturers' new 2020 models that are sold in the United States.
The new airbag system has three chambers included in the design, one in the center and two o the side. The airbag was created to limit the amount a person's head can rotate. The Analysis of brain injury criterion, BIC, has indicated that the new design will reduce rotational velocity by 75%. The airbags also work in conjunction with the seatbelts to distribute the force between the seatbelt and airbags.
Honda's 2020 Vehicles Will Contain Enhanced Airbag Technology
1. Enhanced Airbag Technology - The development of enhanced airbag technology presents opportunities for innovation in automobile safety technology.
2. Reduction of Brain and Neck Injuries - The reduction in brain and neck injuries using new airbag technology presents opportunities for improved safety and well-being of car passengers.
3. Multi-chamber Airbag Design - The introduction of multi-chamber airbag designs presents opportunities for innovation in automotive engineering and manufacturing.
1. Automotive - The automotive industry can benefit from investing in research and development of enhanced airbag technology to improve vehicle safety and attract consumers.
2. Safety Equipment - The safety equipment industry can benefit from the introduction of new multi-chamber airbag designs to improve their products.
3. Medical Devices - The medical device industry can benefit from the innovation in airbag technology, which can be used in helmets or other protective wear to reduce brain and neck injuries from accidents.