Luxury fashion brand recently announced that it will launch its Fall 2021 capsule in a video game entitled Afterworld: The Age of Tomorrow. The house has officially released the video game and showcases a setting that captures the imagined world of 2031. The designs are showcased in a style that is reminiscent of the Choose Your Fighter page.
Throughout the interactive platform, players are able to pass through a variety of zones that start off with the fashion store. The models and designs of the seasonal range can be walked through. The press release explains the game as “The narrative of Afterworld is anchored to mythological pasts and projected futures with timeless archetypes and speculative imagery. The world may appear decaying at first, but it is far from a dystopian view, showing instead the slow return to a healthier balance of nature and industry.”
Image Credit: Balenciaga
Balenciaga Officially Launches Afterworld: The Age of Tomorrow
1. Video Game-themed Fashion - Opportunity to create immersive fashion experiences within video game worlds.
2. Interactive Fashion Platforms - Chance to develop interactive platforms that allow customers to explore and engage with fashion collections.
3. Blurring Fashion and Entertainment - Potential for collaboration between fashion and entertainment industries to create unique and engaging experiences.
1. Fashion - Fashion brands can explore the use of video games as a medium to showcase their collections and engage with consumers.
2. Gaming - Video game developers can partner with fashion brands to create virtual fashion experiences within their games.
3. Entertainment - Entertainment companies can collaborate with fashion brands to incorporate virtual fashion showcases within their content.