The Adventure Time Engagement Ring could very well blow any other geekily sentimental creation ever made out of the water. Inspired by the American animated television series of the same name, it takes on the form of Jake, a dog with magical powers to change shape and grow and shrink at will. As Neatorama points out, "Jake could totally transform into an engagement ring."
Commissioned by comic creator Josh Adams, who is known for his ongoing work on Doctor Who as well as the Batman Odyssey series, the Adventure Time Engagement Ring was inspired after seeing Paul Bierker’s R2-D2 ring. Adams reveals, “Currently I have Paul working on my wedding band which will make the Jake ring part of a pair as my ring will be Jake’s butt. Seriously.”
The Adventure Time Engagement Ring Takes the Form of Jake
1. Animation-inspired Jewelry - Creating engagement rings inspired by animated characters and shows presents an opportunity to tap into a large and loyal fan base.
2. Nostalgia-inspired Accessories - Designing accessories with nods to beloved childhood shows and characters creates a strong emotional connection between the consumer and the product.
3. Customizable Jewelry - Offering the ability to create custom engagement rings in unique shapes or with specific details provides a way for consumers to express their individuality and personal interests.
1. Jewelry - The jewelry industry can incorporate animated characters and designs to appeal to consumers with a passion for popular culture.
2. Fashion - The fashion industry can create accessories that reference beloved characters and shows and capitalize on the strong sense of nostalgia they evoke.
3. Entertainment Merchandise - The entertainment merchandise industry can expand beyond traditional products like t-shirts and posters and offer unique, high-end items like custom engagement rings to committed fans.