Interested in building your network in the wonderful world of advertising? If so, you may want to sign up your profile at Adholes to gain access to ‘Ad industry schmoozing without the expensive restaurant tabs.’ Adholes is a good example of a social networking site, but it’s geared entirely towards advertising professionals. In addition, the founder has a good sense of humour that you’ll see reflected throughout the site. Here’s an example of that humour in the pitch to sign up for free membership:
“So what’s a friend? Do we really have any in this industry or are our ‘friends’ just the people selling you down the river when layoffs come around? Well, either way, you can define your friendships when you make them on here. Don’t be afraid to add someone you don’t know too well – the comment you make when you add them tells people what the nature of your relationship is. (OK, well, some things are best kept to yourself.) You could say “I just met Bob 5 minutes ago but our love for crawfish etouffée gives us a promising start” or “Bob was the senior executive vice president senior executive account manager while I was the executive account manager for 20 years. I can’t wait until Bob retires.
When you add a friend, you’re starting a conversation that will hopefully last your whole career. That’s what networking is about. Send a private message. Make a profile comment. Introduce your new friend to another friend you think they might like. These things go a long way towards making people like you. And you ad people - it’s all about being loved, isn’t it? (AdHoles)
Check it out: [url=http://www.adholes.com]http://www.adholes.com[/url]
1. Social Networking for Advertisers - Creating a social networking platform specifically for advertising professionals presents an opportunity for disruptive innovation in the industry.
2. Humor-based Networking Platforms - Developing networking platforms that incorporate humor, like Adholes, can disrupt traditional networking methods and create engaging professional connections.
3. Career-long Networking Conversations - Facilitating ongoing conversations and connections throughout a person's career within a networking platform can revolutionize how professionals build relationships in the advertising industry.
1. Advertising - The advertising industry can benefit from innovative social networking platforms like Adholes that cater specifically to professionals in the field.
2. Technology - The technology industry can explore opportunities in developing humor-driven networking platforms that disrupt traditional professional networking tools.
3. Digital Media - As digital media continues to expand, there is room for disruptive innovation in creating networking platforms that enable career-long conversations and support professional growth.