Many people have seen 3D models in video games and on the silver screen, but Adam Potter is taking it to truly artistic territory with his realistic depictions of near perfect females. It's so hard to discern his work from real-life people that his beautiful creations might as well be photographs.
If you're familiar with digital artistry terms, you've probably heard of the uncanny valley in which viewers can't help but be distracted by the non-human-like qualities of a human depiction. In my opinion, though, these Adam Potter illustrations are convincing enough so that most viewers won't ever encounter this problem.
Implications - With the advancement of digital art technology, graphic designers are trying to emulate life-like humans to the best of their ability. This is because a more realistic depiction of human beings allows viewers to more readily empathize with the work. Corporations may consider using images of human beings in promotional campaigns in order to evoke empathy from consumers.
Adam Potter's 3D Models are Nearly Indistinguishable From Real People
1. Realistic 3D Models - The trend of creating near-perfect 3D models of humans is advancing, allowing for more realistic depictions and enhancing viewer empathy.
2. Emulating Life-like Humans - Advancements in digital art technology are enabling graphic designers to create almost indistinguishable human depictions, blurring the line between reality and digital art.
3. Enhancing Viewer Empathy - Creating realistic human images in digital art aims to evoke empathy from viewers, allowing for deeper connections to be formed through visual mediums.
1. Digital Art - The digital art industry can leverage advancements in creating realistic human depictions to enhance visual storytelling and evoke emotional responses.
2. Advertising and Marketing - Incorporating realistic images of human beings in promotional campaigns can help evoke empathy from consumers, leading to a stronger connection and potential increase in sales.
3. Entertainment and Media - The entertainment industry can utilize realistic 3D models of humans in movies, video games, and virtual reality experiences to enhance immersion and audience engagement.