When a person thinks of governesses, they may often drudge up a Jane Austen description or some other antiquated view of the Victorian job title; it is safe to say that not many would envision that which is portrayed in the A Green Beauty Issue 1 photoshoot. Although named after the essentially defunct role, the style featured throughout is much more edgy that one would expect.
In place of a plain Jane, the A Green Beauty Issue 1 editorial depicts a chic goth-like girl who is drawn to dark colors and dramatic eye makeup. Essentially, model L’Wren Hodgins ushers in a new age for governesses. Shot by photographer Pascal Demeester, the editorial showcases billowing jackets, strings of pearls and textured dresses styled by Jessica Soga. Hairstylist Mara Schiavetti and makeup artist Janeiro Bofill were on beauty duty.
The A Green Beauty Issue 1 Photoshoot Stars L’Wren Hodgins
1. Edgy Governess Style - The A Green Beauty Issue 1 photoshoot showcases a new age for governesses with its chic goth-like girl aesthetic.
2. Dramatic Eye Makeup - The editorial features a focus on bold and striking eye makeup, creating a disruptive opportunity for the beauty industry.
3. Dark Color Palette - The use of dark colors throughout the editorial presents an opportunity for fashion brands to explore edgier styles.
1. Fashion - Fashion brands can capitalize on the edgy governess style showcased in the A Green Beauty Issue 1 photoshoot.
2. Beauty - The focus on dramatic eye makeup in the editorial opens up disruptive innovation opportunities for the beauty industry.
3. Photography - Photographers can explore the use of billowing jackets, pearls, and textured dresses seen in the A Green Beauty Issue 1 photoshoot to create captivating visuals.