This 8-Bit Holiday video is sure to put video game fans in the festive mood. Featuring popular NES-era characters like Mega Man, Mario and Link, the quirky stop motion animation takes viewers on a journey as these playable avatars frolic about on Christmas night; all to a digital rendition of In the Hall of the Mountain King, of course.
The 8-Bit Holiday video is the brainchild of Andrew Jive, whose website hosts tons of similar stop motion videos. Jive is a talented director and animator and his work was recently featured in a Wendy's commercial. The music was arranged by Erik Snyder, though the original tune was obviously written by the late and great composer Edvard Grieg.
Jive's ability to replicate 8-bit characters using nothing but LEGO blocks is truly astounding. He really nailed the likeness of each video game hero.
8-Bit Holiday Features Retro Characters Being Deviant on X-Mas
1. Retro Gaming - There is a growing trend of using retro gaming characters and themes in creative content, such as stop motion animation videos, to engage and entertain audiences.
2. Stop Motion Animation - The use of stop motion animation technique is gaining popularity, providing a unique and nostalgic visual experience for viewers, presenting opportunities for innovative storytelling and brand engagement.
3. Digital Renditions - Creating digital renditions of classic compositions is becoming a trend, allowing for new interpretations and reinventions, opening up avenues for collaboration and creative expression.
1. Entertainment - The entertainment industry can leverage the trend of retro gaming and stop motion animation to create engaging content that resonates with nostalgic audiences, leading to increased viewership and brand loyalty.
2. Advertising - Incorporating stop motion animation and retro gaming characters into advertising campaigns can grab the attention of consumers, evoke feelings of nostalgia, and differentiate brands from competitors, fostering brand recognition and increased sales.
3. Music - The trend of creating digital renditions of classic compositions presents opportunities for musicians and composers to explore new ways of arranging and interpreting nostalgic melodies, attracting listeners and driving innovation in the music industry.