This is an update on the original trend from over a year ago which focused on James Clar's 3-D cubes.
"While Clar's cubes are simply amazing, they can only display monochrome images," Technabob says.
Now, a company in China has taken the same concept and created a multi-color version. That company is China is called Seekway and their prototype cube was created using a 16Ã—16x16 grid of interconnected color LEDs (light emitting diodes).
Technabob further says, "The system is capable of displaying animations at up to 30 frames per second and each dot can be individually addressed for both color and intensity. Now that the prototype is complete, Seekway is gearing up to produce versions with grids as large as 48Ã—48x48, which will require more than 110,000 LEDs."
The video is pretty amazing.
Seekway's LED Cubes
1. Multi-color LED Displays - Seekway's multi-color LED cubes offer a disruptive innovation opportunity for visual display technologies.
2. High Frame Rate Animations - Displaying animations at 30 frames per second on the Seekway cubes presents a disruptive innovation opportunity for multimedia content creation.
3. Individual Addressable Leds - Seekway's cube's ability to individually address each LED for color and intensity provides a disruptive innovation opportunity for customizable lighting solutions.
1. Visual Display Technology - Seekway's LED cubes open up disruptive innovation opportunities in the visual display technology industry.
2. Multimedia Content Creation - The high frame rate animation capabilities of Seekway's cubes create disruptive innovation opportunities in the multimedia content creation industry.
3. Lighting Solutions - Seekway's individually addressable LEDs in their cubes offer a disruptive innovation opportunity in the lighting solutions industry.