The 2Play catamaran, invented by Australian company Nauti-Craft, is a catamaran with a unique design that isolates the deck from the two hulls.
The special marine suspension design developed by Nauti-Craft permits the hulls to move up and down with the waves, without transmitting all that movement to the catamaran's structure. It also ensures that the catamaran's bow isn't lifted too high when accelerating, and lets the boat perform turns more effectively.
The 2Play also features a special control system called the Deck Attitude Control System. This system consists of a computer that can be used to automatically adjusts the catamaran's suspension to compensate for rolling sees. This helps keep the deck level when the catamaran stops, making for a more comfortable ride for passengers and allowing for easier passenger entry and exit.
The 2Play Catamaran is Designed for a Smooth Ride on Rolling Waters
1. Marine Suspension Systems - Opportunities for innovating in marine suspension systems for smoother rides on rolling waters.
2. Deck Attitude Control Systems - Opportunities for automating control systems to keep boat decks level when stopped on rolling waters.
3. Stabilized Catamarans - Opportunities for designing catamarans with stabilized decks for more comfortable rides on rolling waters.
1. Boat Building - Opportunities for boat builders to integrate innovative marine suspension and control systems to improve the comfort and safety of their vessels on rolling waters.
2. Tourism and Leisure - Opportunities for tourism and leisure operators to offer a more comfortable and safer boat experience for their customers on rolling waters with the use of innovative marine suspension and control systems.
3. Marine Transportation - Opportunities for marine transportation companies to adopt innovative marine suspension and control systems to improve passenger comfort and safety in rough waters.