The 100 Million Books plug-in, created by Steve Jain, was designed for those who want to read more but don't know where to start. Once you install the extension, which was designed for Google Chrome, a book recommendation will automatically pop up every time a new tab is opened. The best part about 100 Million Books is that Jain designed it specifically to encourage reading. There's no buttons to share your book suggestions nor are there links for where to buy a suggested title.
All you get is a look at the book's cover and a snippet from it. All the snippets are made by hand, and as such 100 Million Books allows users to send in snippets from their favorite books to ensure that the library stays fully stocked and fresh.
100 Million Books Suggests a New Book Every Time You Open a Tab
1. Personalized Book Recommendations - Opportunities for developing more personalized book recommendation systems that encourage book reading.
2. Browser Plug-in Recommendations - Opportunities for creating new browser plug-ins that provide personalized recommendations based on user behavior data.
3. Crowdsourced Snippet Collections - Opportunities for building crowdsourced collections of snippets that can be used to suggest personalized book recommendations.
1. Publishing - Opportunities for publishers to leverage personalized book recommendation systems to increase book sales and encourage reading.
2. E-commerce - Opportunities for e-commerce platforms to integrate personalized book recommendation plug-ins to better serve their users and increase sales.
3. Data Analytics - Opportunities for data analytics firms to develop more sophisticated algorithms that can provide personalized book recommendations using machine learning and user behavior data.