BAT International, a leading cigarette brand, has created the ultimate in luxury cigarettes. It's a 18ct white gold pack of Lucky Strike, designed by El Ultimo Grito and goldsmiths Richard Fox Associates, that retails for $100 000. It also comes studded with a single large diamond and a ruby. They're only being sold in selected European airports throughout 2006. (GUSH Magazine)
Implications - Product packaging is key when it comes to selling any product. The aesthetic of what's being sold must be attractive, bold and vibrant in order to catch the attention of consumers. People often take notice of anything that can be considered eye candy, so companies should be focusing on how to execute creative imagery around their products.
1. Luxury Packaging - Companies should focus on creating attractive and bold packaging designs to catch the attention of consumers.
2. High-end Cigarettes - There is a market for high-end luxury cigarettes created with unique materials and designs.
3. Innovative Tobacco Products - Tobacco companies can explore new and innovative ways to add value to their products.
1. Tobacco - Tobacco companies can explore innovative and luxury products to appeal to high-end consumers.
2. Luxury Goods - Luxury brands can consider partnering with tobacco companies to create high-end products.
3. Packaging Design - Packaging design companies can specialize in creating unique and eye-catching designs for luxury products.