To worship or not to worship? That is the question that modern-day ministers and faith administrators would rather we not ask. In order to keep the faith, churches and places of worship worldwide are going under the knife to improve the look and feel of their house of worship in the hopes that followers will follow.
This gallery shows pictures of real and unusual churches from around the globe.
Pictured here in order:
1. The Jubilee Church in Tor Tre Teste in Rome.
2. The Church of Panagia Paraportiani on the Greek island of Mykonos.
3. The Liverpool Metropolitan Cathedral in Liverpool, England.
4. The Cathedral of Intercession of the Virgin on the Moat in Russia.
5. Milan Cathedral, church of Milan in Lombardy, northern Italy.
6. The Bone Church in Kutná Hora, the Czech Republic. Contains the bones of 40,000 people.
7. The Crystal Cathedral mega-church in the city of Garden Grove in Orange County, California.
8. The Hallgrímskirkja. At 244 ft, it is the largest church in Iceland.
9. The Temple Expiatori de la Sagrada Família in Barcelona, Spain.
10. The Cathedral of Brasília in the capital of the Federative Republic of Brazil.
Otherworldly Places of Worship
28,248 clicks in 257 w
More Stats +/-