The word 'supercar' brings to mind some superlative examples of innovation and craftsmanship: Corvette Z06, Dodge Viper, Porsche 911, Ferrari F430. Most people certainly wouldn't classify a Volvo 740 wagon in the 'supercar' category. With the right modifications, however, anything is possible. These insane engine modifications turn run-of-the-mill stationwagons into (relatively) budget-friendly sleeper supercars.
The video is of the Volvo 740, 500 horsepower, Corvette twin turbo engine.
The images in the gallery include:
1. Mercedes E55, 550 horsepower, stock.
2. Volvo 740 Volvette (from video), tuned.
3. Audi S4 Avant, 600 horsepower, tuned.
4. Ford Falcon, 800 horsepower, nitrous.
5. Nissan Stagea, 750 horsepower, twin turbo Skyline engine and front end.
6. AMC Rambler Wagon, 1200+ horsepower, tuned.
7. Honda Civic "Civette", 600 horsepower, Corvette engine.
8. Honda Element, 500 horsepower plus turbo
9. Chevy Nova wagon, 900 horsepower, tuned.
10. Mazda 323 wagon, 540 horsepower, turbo rotary engine.
Stats for Souped-Up Stationwagons
Trending: Older & Warm
Research: 8,415 clicks in 405 w
Interest: 4 minutes
Concept: Souped-Up Stationwagons
Related: 78 examples / 60 photos
Segment: Neutral, 18-35
Comparison Set: 29 similar articles, including: biofuel supercar could be world's fastest, world's first wooden supercar, and mexican supercars.
More Stats +/-
World's First Wooden Supercar
Biofuel Supercar Could be World's Fastest
$600,000 American Supercars
Eco Luxury SuperCars