The ocean contains a massive amount of plastic waste, and the environmentally conscious soap-maker Method has set out to repurpose some of that waste into new Method packaging. Its upcoming 'sea minerals' line of home cleaning products will be packaged in bottles made from recycled plastic, which will be made of 10 percent ocean debris, particularly the debris collected from beaches in Hawaii. The other 90 percent of the bottle will also be made of recycled plastic.
Volunteers from Sustainable Coastlines and the Kokua Hawaii Foundation, along with employees from Method, actually went out and collected the ocean refuse to be upcycled into the new Method packaging. According to Wired, they managed to pick up over 3,000 pounds of plastic waste!
Stats for Upcycled Waste Soap Bottles
Trending: Older & Chilly
Research: 1,912 clicks in 195 w
Interest: 1.2 minutes
Concept: Method Packaging
Related: 74 examples / 57 photos
Segment: Neutral, 18-55+
Comparison Set: 27 similar articles, including: efficient edible packaging, minimally bundled edibles, and simple sack packaging.
Upcycled Waste Soap Bottles
More Stats +/-
Minimally Bundled Edibles
Efficient Edible Packaging
Simple Sack Packaging
Budding Skincare Branding
Superhero Pill Packaging