Simon Ownes is rallying the troops and claiming January 30th 2008 international delete your MySpace account day. After regretting signing up for the account the very first day he expresses his ongoing frustration with the site. Constant friend requests, spam, banner ads and the ages the actual page takes to load. Starting a Facebook group appropriately names â€œInternational Delete Your Myspace Account Dayâ€. If, and I'm guessing it will get a very strong following, Facebook and other online social networking sites see a spike in joining members. Stay tuned to find out on Feb 1st, the aftermath of International Delete Your MySpace Account Day.
Simon also gives us a list of things, that if we have experienced on MySpace, we too should join him in his movement to overthrow the dark lord that is My Space.
"So, if you're reading this and you've experienced any of the things on the list below, your account may be in need of deletion:
1. You rarely log in to Myspace except to delete spam friend requests from nude webcam girls.
2. You spend five minutes writing a wall post only to hit an error message when you try to post it because of all the website glitches.
3. You're a girl who constantly gets marriage proposals from random men in the middle east.
4. You visit someone's Myspace profile only to suddenly have music start blasting out of your speakers. Bonus points if it happens to you while you're at work.
5. You have to make redundant clicks to perform simple tasks because Myspace keeps taking you to advertisement pages where you have to click on â€œreturn to myspace profileâ€ in order to continue what you're doing.
6. You visit someone's profile only to have your eyes bleed because of terrible page layout with non-matching designs and font colors.
7. Your experience is hindered because of intrusive banner ads that either talk to you or try to reach out and block your view of what you're trying to look at.
8. You read yet another news account about how some child predator using Myspace has abducted a little girl or that some hoax myspace account has caused a teenager to commit suicide.
9. You're frustrated with the fact that Myspace doesn't allow you to post your contact info, meaning to contact someone you can only use Myspace's glitchy Instant Messenger, message/email system, or wall commenting.
10. You're tired of seeing Tom stare out at you from millions of friends lists and just wish he would change his f***ing profile picture.
Have any of these things happened to you? Well you're the perfect candidate for Myspace deletion. Join me on Wednesday, January 30th by deleting your Myspace account. You won't regret it!"
International Delete Your MySpace Account Day
More Stats +/-
Luxury Fast-Fashion Collaborations
Athletic Training Cabins
Handcrafted Wooden Pencils
Low-Cost Military Aircraft
Human Cell Microchips