The Zap-It Uses Electrical Shock to Subdue Itchy Insect Bites

By: Misel Saban - Aug 27, 2015
References: amazon & boingboing.net
If you're someone that is often bitten by bugs, then perhaps the Zap-It device is just what you need to help subdue itchy insect bites. This nifty little gadget cleverly uses small electro shocks to tame irritating itch sensations.

While administrating an electric shock on oneself might seem counterintuitive, the Zap-It shocks aren't any stronger than a static electricity shock. The device uses a specific crystal to ignite the spark rather than a battery, so this device can be used virtually anywhere. The shock works to reduce the production of the chemical histamine that makes the redness and itchiness appear in under five minutes. This might be a gadget worth testing out if you are often getting bitten but want to stir clear of topical creams filled with chemicals and numbing agents.