Beware the Chocolate Chip Donuts
By: Rose A. Valenta -
Published: Mar 30, 2007
Updated: Apr 20 2011
• References: comcast.net
A few eighth grade students from Holtsville, NY, USA, got the jump on pulling April Fool pranks on classmates when they put laxatives in donuts and handed them out to students. Police and parents were called when the laxatives took effect. The school district said that "appropriate disciplinary action" would be taken against the perpetrators.
Implications - It is a classic prank taken to the extreme with some pretty serious repercussions. Apparently 18 students ended up as victims to this laxative-laced donut prank. No injuries were reported, which is always a good sign, but ambulances were called to the seen just as a precaution to any serious side affects that could have occurred.