Benefits of Joining | Other Trend Hunters | Submit a Trend | About Trend Hunter | Careers/Internships
ADVANTAGESWhy should I become a Trend Hunter?
What are the key advantages and features?
CONTENTWill everything I post end up on my Trend Hunter portfolio?
Why are my Trends not appearing on the front page?
What are the rules for posting?
What are the rules for posting excerpts from other sites?
Can I post personal updates?
How do I post a Gallery?
How do I post a Video?
DMCA Copyright Violations
EXISTING BLOGGERSI already have a blog, can I post my trends on Trend Hunter?
INCREASING TRAFFIC TO MY PORTFOLIOHow can I make my trends more popular?
How can I drive more traffic to my portfolio?
CUSTOMIZINGShould I use my real name or something funky?
How often can I change my Portfolio username / URL?
How do I change my profile / the text on the bottom of my site?
Why do my trends appear on a different page / NOT in my portfolio?
How do I add my picture?
How do I change my portfolio’s colors / font / background?
Why don’t I see changes when I make them?
How do I customize my portfolio even more?
OTHERI have a suggestion. Who do I tell?
Can I post in a different language?
What if I just want to post trends and don’t want a portfolio?
Legal Notes and Ownership of Content
I have editorial questions or need tips!
FAME – exposure to our massive audience!
GLORY – get published and enhance your career!
PRIDE – get a professionally designed portfolio that is easy to use
- Syndication and Exposure – Your top trends will appear on Trend Hunter’s main page, galleries, and other online publications (listed below). This helps to drive more traffic to your trends and provide you with massive exposure
- Professional Layout – The overall layout of your portfolio is professionally designed and highly optimized.
- Easy Customization – In your personal profile page, you can select your portfolio’s colors, font, background, and a number of other design elements to reflect your personality. You can also upload an avatar of yourself and choose whether you want to use your real name or something more catchy.
- Easy to Use Interface – Our submission template makes it extremely easy to add a new trend. All you need to do is write a paragraph or two and upload an image.
- Free Image Hosting – It’s very easy to upload a photo from your computer or the net and we host the images on our server for free.
- Automatic Image Resizing - When you post a new trend, the Trend Hunter engine automatically resizes images and takes care of the dirty work.
- Turn Key Portfolio – The second you add a trend, your website will automatically appear. In minutes, you can add your profile, upload a picture, and select your own custom colors.
- Search Engine Optimized – We carefully design our layouts to ensure that our content and trend hunters are ranked very high in search engines.
- Automatic Pinging – Every time a new trend is added, Trend Hunter automatically pings all of the major directories to inform them that the site has been updated. This drives traffic and ads exposure.
- Global Network - When you join Trend Hunter, you are joining an influential community of Trend Hunters from around the globe. Working together, we can accomplish something greater and build a better site!
- Post Quality Trends – If your trend is poor quality then it may be removed.
- No Duplicates. No Duplicates. – Make sure you aren’t posting something that’s already on Trend Hunter by using our search engine. A HUGE number of the unpublished trends are duplicates.
- Check Your Grammar – If your post contains very poor grammar, then it may be excluded. Spell check and make sure the post is clearly written.
- Include Sources – If you found your trend online, it’s common courtesy to include the link to the site or portfolio where you found your trend. It’s also ideal to include a link to the actual trend / product page.
- Nothing Bad – No pornography, racism, plagiarism, or anything else that we deem as bad.
- Follow the Rules for Excerpts – Write your own text. If you are going to use an excerpt, it must be in the EXCERPT box and properly referenced. Read the rules below.
- No More than 2 Paragraphs - If you are taking an excerpt from a news article, it is okay to include two paragraphs. However, if you are getting an excerpt from a smaller article or someone else’s portfolio, make sure it is no more than 40% of that portfolio and include the excerpt in quotations.
- Include the Source Link – If you are going to include an excerpt from another site, you must have a link to that site.
EXISTING BLOGGERS AND CORPORATE TREND HUNTERS
- Quality Trends – Post cool stuff and you'll get more traffic. Also note that the majority of your traffic will come from Trend Hunter’s main page, so you want to get published.
- Original Content – If you find something unique, other sites on the internet will link to your trend. As a result, you will get dramatically more traffic. Some of our original trends receive 100 times more traffic than the average trend.
- Original Text – Using excerpts is a quick way to add content, but when you add your own prose, you get unique content for search engines and you give your readers a reason to follow your portfolio.
- Minimum 2-3 Paragraphs- If you only post one sentence, your trend will be less interesting and also less likely to rank well in search engines.
- Be Funny – Funny = good.
- Add a Video – Trends with Videos generate more traffic because everyone clicks the page to watch the video.
- Add a Gallery – Trends with Galleries generate more traffic because everyone clicks the page to browse the gallery.
- Use Keywords – You will drive significantly more content to your site if you use the keywords that people will search. For example, if you included the title, “New Laptop Looks Cool,” you will be far less successful than if you use the title, “See Through Laptops - The Transparent Dell XPS-1000 Laptop.”
- Great Trends – Following our advice for hot trends will be the single greatest driver to your portfolio’s popularity.
- Frequent Updates – If you don’t update your content on a regular basis, people will stop checking for updates.
- Tell Everyone – Let your friends know about Trend Hunter, include your URL as your signature in your e-mail, include your URL in forum posts you make and broadcast that you are a Trend Hunter!
- Maximize Your Traffic - Don't just write articles -- promote them! Social networks like Twitter, Facebook, Google+ and Pinterest are a great way to supercharge the views you get to your portfolio.
let us know!