For some, technology gets better with sparkles, which has given rise to Swarovski-cizing gadgets. Behold the Zenid GC Crystal Smartbook, a laptop from China-based Smartbook AG that takes the cake when it comes to PC bling.
The Zenid GC Crystal Smartbook features a glittering, crystal-encrusted top courtesy of CRYSTALLIZEDâ„¢ by Swarovski Elements. The answer when you're looking for lavishness, this Smartbook will only set you back $3,000.
Implications - Though North Americans are still recovering from the economic recession, consumers still have an insatiable need to differentiate themselves from their peers. As such, they are willing to spend copious amounts of disposable income on one-of-a-kind products. Corporations looking to charge consumers higher premiums will find little resistance in doing so if they market their wares as exclusive.
Smartbook AG's Sparkling Zenid GC Crystal Smartbook
1. Blinged-out Gadgets - By adding crystals and sparkles to gadgets, companies can cater to consumers' desire for unique and luxurious products.
2. Luxury Tech - The demand for high-end, exclusive tech products like crystal-encrusted laptops presents an opportunity for companies to tap into the luxury market.
3. Personalization Trend - Consumers' insatiable need to differentiate themselves creates a market for personalized, one-of-a-kind products that command higher premiums.
1. Technology - The technology industry can capitalize on the blinged-out gadget trend by creating customized, luxury tech products for discerning consumers.
2. Fashion and Accessories - Fashion and accessory brands can collaborate with tech companies to create stylish, crystal-embellished gadgets that appeal to fashion-forward consumers.
3. Marketing and Advertising - Marketing and advertising agencies can help companies market their exclusive, luxury tech products to target consumers and justify higher price points.